Wednesday, February 11

4C. Still friends?

- Vocabulary & Speaking (p. 60)
Useful expressions: argue, close friend, colleague, get on very well, have a lot in common, keep in touch, lose touch, know - meet

Consider the questions... do you have a close friend? / where did you meet? / do you ever argue? what about?

- Reading & Listening (p. 61)
"Friends Reunited website". Carol, from Cromwall, and Alex, from Manchester, met their old friends again... we read and listened to their experiences

- Grammar: used to / didn't use to / did you use to...? = to talk about past habits
I always go to the gym on Wednesdays evening - present habit
I used to go to the gym but not any more - past habit

- Pronunciation: difference between /s/ & /z/ (p. 61)

- How words work... expressions with GET
. get rid of = throw away
. get on with = be friends
. get to know = know somebody little by little
. get to = arrive
. get in touch = make contact with somebody
. get a reply = receive
. get excited / get angry = become

- Listening and speaking (p. 63)
Expressiong opinions - useful language: I agree with that / I think it's true / I don't agree with you at all / I don't think that's true / For example, my friend Paul...